• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U-bolts??

Rockhound

NAXJA Forum User
i got rid of that piece of an axle yesterday and bolted up the 44. didn't know if this day would ever come. BUT, my u-bolts are way short. like nuts 2/3 threaded short. is there a place online i can order them? or even more can i find them in town? i know MORE will bend some up for me, but trying to spend a bit less than 13 a pop if i can. thanks
Rockhound

my local autozone doesnt carry them.. advance auto has 10 different lengths of 3" ubolts in the import/lowrider aisle.. questionable quality i would think... they are designed for low riders who go 1/2 mph over speedbumps.. RE has complete sets for $25...
mike

So take one of the ones that's too short to a spring shop: Specify the length, that you want ROLLED and NOT cut threads, Grade 8, and Nylok nuts. :) They should be able to turn those for you right then and there, and should only cost about $5-6 each. I've done this in different parts of the country and the rate/turnaround is about the same. :D

Rusty has grade 8 U-bolts that are plenty long for anything. They're ~6 bucks each but they're nice.

I ran into the same problem when I installed my big heavy duty rear leafs, 10 leafs were too thick for my stock u-bolts, and nobody had the right size. I wound up going to Pep boys and getting a "lift kit" (2 - 1" thick aluminum blocks and 4 LONG u-bolts) for about $25 (I didn't use the blocks). They fit, with plenty of thread to spare. They've been on there for about a year, (no off-roading) and when I climbed underneath the other day, I found one broken. (who breaks u-bolts?!?!) So basically now I have 3 U-bolts and one J-bolt while I look around for something with a bit more quality.

the ones I got from Rusty's are BEEFY. they barely fit through the holes. they have a fine thread, and they're advertized as being Grade-8.

I was just impressed when I was able to take the nuts off with a huge breaker bar about 1.5 years after I put them on without breaking any of them.

I actually just bought a new set today also because I needed longer ones. I went up one size in the bolt thickness too but they still fit (barely). I paid $25 for them. If you don't want to search locally and want to have a place ship them, I went to

Arizona Spring Company
249 E Grant Rd
TUCSON, AZ 85705-5626
(520) 623-5826

The bolts are very nice and come with the nuts and washers.

got em

thanks for your replies guys. after i posted i decided to scroll to the bottom of Rusty's suspension page and found his. ordered them this morning. thanks again
Rockhound

Back