• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

241OR speedometer connection

crasy1_69

NAXJA Member # 1649
Ok I have been searching for answers off an on for a while now. I am looking for answers on how to connect the two wire speedo setup on my 91 xj to the three wire speedo on the 241OR transfer case.

I know that Teraflex has a cable to be able to plug into the transfer case but still need to figure out the wiring to make it function.

If anyone has the answer or can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Craig

Going off of your last post from my 241OR thread...

I take it you didn't get a chance to put a meter up to the two wires in trying to determine which wire is the positive and which is the signal wire?

I did at one point but its been almost a year since I have looked at it. I will have to climb back under there and double check the wires again.

Once I have those two wires figured out the only wire that remains will be a ground wire correct?

In reference to Cam's post from my thread, one wire being positive and one wire being the signal wire sounds like a fair assumption to me. Then, yes, all that's required is a ground wire connected to the chassis or something similar.

Keep us updated on how this does turn out. :thumbup:

Scott

Back