• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi-lift mount

XgarrettJ

NAXJA Forum User
im fixing to order a hi-lift jack, and i was wondering were are some places y'all have mounted yours. i have some ideas but maybe you guys can give me some more.

i was looking at this
XJhilift.jpg

thanks

I like where the one on the ROTM main page is mounted. Not to sure how it's done and holds up to vibes? But I for one not having a rear tire carrier think it's a great place. The one above is now floating around in my head too.

Oh, And welcome XgarrettJ. 1st post and a red letter member. Awesome!

Last edited:
Thanks a lot CaliXJ!

i like the one on the ROTM main page too, but i dont think that would work for me.
I like the one above, but i dont know about the price its at

I like the one you got posted there.

A lot of people dont think about what would happen in an accident and this looks like one that would actually be safe.

Seems like every time I turn around lately I see something mounted perfectly to decapitate someone in the even of a crash.

I did one a few years ago using U-bolts and rubber hook straps that mounted to the stock roof rails. Can't find the thread detailing it, but photos of the components are here; it's pretty easy to figure out. It worked surprisingly well; the only reason I got rid of it was due to adding a roof rack.

i was thinking about doing this also if someone nows what mount to use that would be awesome. i realy dont like making my own mounts for stuff like this( im not very good at it)

Can't see the picture... I used 2 1/2" x 2" bolts with the heads welded to the cargo floor, spaced so that they they fit through the holes in the jack, and used wingnuts to lock everything in place. To prevent vibrations I drilled holes in hockey pucks and put them on the bolts between the floor and the jack. I think I have less than 5 dollars into the entire set-up.

jim

Some people are not a fan of the fact that I have mine mounted to the hood.

My jeep sees like 1200 miles per year... To and from the trail head. I have 2x3x.25 on the bottom of the hood and a 7/16 bolt running through the plate, hockey puck and jack.

HalfPuck.jpg

P9040004.JPG

im fixing to order a hi-lift jack, and i was wondering were are some places y'all have mounted yours. i have some ideas but maybe you guys can give me some more.

thanks

Well I'm going to order up one as well, and could not find a thread in searching that covered my question, So I'll dust off this thread to ask:

What SIZE Hi-Lift are you all using?
Advantages in that or a different size?

The last time I bought one of these, they didn't come in Sizes hehe. I was amazed to see so much Hi-Lift stuff now, you can really accessorize them!

Thanks.

I like the one you got posted there.

A lot of people dont think about what would happen in an accident and this looks like one that would actually be safe.

Seems like every time I turn around lately I see something mounted perfectly to decapitate someone in the even of a crash.

I don't like mine inside either! I went with a mount. Hi Lift has a mount kit with 2 big aluminum square wing nuts that mount on either front push bars or rear carriers. I've had it on my Conn Ferr rack for years and like having it right where I can see it, and access easily. My van has it on the big Conn Ferr style roof rack but I will move it down if I ever build a front or rear bumper. You can see it under the Kayak in front. http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg628/BossCherokee/DSCN0421.jpg

Back