• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Corral Canyon

XJensen

NAXJA Forum User
I am going down to SD to visit a friend in the next week or two, beginning to middle of March, and am considering driving the jeep down to run some trails at Corral Canyon one day.

I don't have any dates yet but would be flexible if someone wanted to go too.

Cool I have not been there is about five years. Bought my jeep in El Cajon and took it out there bone stock. It took it's first body damage there too.

I have always wanted to go back now that it's more built.

So what days would work better for everyone? Weekdays? Weekends?

Josh

I would be interested if my schedule works, and I can fiure out what the gunky fluid dripping from my belly pan is. Weekends are best for me.

If someone has an extra seat and doesn't mind picking me up on yer way I would love to ride along. I have a decent camera so I am good for taking pics, lol.

I'm not far off the 8 in Lakeside.

Last edited:
he would be able to do sidewinder, possibly. the one rocky section near the end may be tough, but a strap isnt a big deal. i made it a few years ago stock no problem, though it is more beat up these days. but definitely up the easy side of bronco peak and gunslinger.

There are plenty of areas for stockers, but you won't get through everything, even with a good spotter.

x2.

Plus, the difficulty can change over time... last time I went, there were some spots that were pretty tough even locked and lifted. The rain and other trucks can carve up trails.

I haven't been in a while so I am not sure how the trail conditions are... but in my experience, they are usually the worst after a good rain.

i was there a few weeks ago and went up bronco, sidewinder, and gunslinger. the last real obstacle on sidewinder was the only challenge. but i am not locked and had to make a few attempts with a spotter guiding me. didnt need a strap. but i had to yank the wrangler up it.

Back