• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

airsoft bb's enough to counter 12oz imbalance?

RockyCodeHead

NAXJA Forum User
So I am running 32-12.50/15 Super Swamper TSL radials and one needs 12oz of lead to balance out (according to my local tire shop), that is too much to attach so I am stuck driving with a bouncing basketball.

I am curious whether airsoft bb's could balance this out and if so how much do I put in? The recommended amount is 6oz but I don't have an ideal situation here...

Thanks in advance!
Rob

Try the recommended amount and go from there. Sounds like it is out of round tho.

balancing wont make the tire any more round than it is (or in this case, isnt)

also, due to the nature of BB's, you would be hard pressed to put too much in.
and not ALL of the BB's are going to be in that one spot.

Did they try dismounting the tire spinning it remounting it and trying to balance it again? Sometimes you get a slight defect in the rim and the tire. You get them both in the right spot and you get a massive in-balance. If this has been tried you might want to try a new rim(different one) or try calling Interco and see if they will replace it due to being so out of round and impossible to balance.

make sure nothing is IN the tire too.

trust me, i have seen anything from water/ice to dead squirrels in tires. they make it shit to ballance

it's a tsl.

suck it up lol

i had them and it was impossible to get them to feel "round"

So here's my status:

The Airsoft BBs took the vibes from a pain level of 10 to between 1-2.

:clap:

There are still vibes, but the BBs are definitely helping a ton!

I was sceptical to say the least, but $9 worth of .12g BBs have done enough that I can now drive above 45mph and have driven as fast as 70mph this morning.

The vibes come and go as the BBs move in the tire, it's not a perfect solution, but then again, the perfect solution is $1000 for a whole new set of shoes.

If this lasts as long as I can still get mileage from the tires, I'll be money ahead.

Thanks for the replies!!!!

i had the same problem with my tsl's.one was out of round.i waited to long to have mine looked at and over half the tread was gone "so they said" so i couldn't get it warrantied.out of round sucks.go back to the place you bought them and have them contact interco on the issue or you will be screwed too....

Back