• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question on coils

motoxpete

NAXJA Forum User
I needed a set of full leafs since the add a leaf was sagging. So a long time ago I found someone selling a set. They where on Craigslist he advertised them as 4.5" lift springs and leafs.... Then once I got them he mentioned he couldn't remember if the where 6" or 4.5" and he wouldn't sell the leafs without the springs. What the hell the price was way to good to let go. Now lets fast forward a year..... Jeeps at the shop getting new rear done. While your down there can you throw on these leafs? We once the leafs where put on, along with my 1.5 lift shackle that was already there.... My XJ is sitting very high lol it's cool since I wanted to get there anyway.

-Real question here-
Is there anyway to tell if the coils I bought are 4.5" lift coils or 6" lift coils? Anyway to measure them to be able to tell?
Thank

I'm assuming you have the coils and see no markings? I l know Rusty's paints their model number on, Jeep used a sticker with p/n.

You could always tie one coil to each of your feet, then jump up and down on them as much as possible while your friend follows you around with a tape measure.

It wouldn't actually get you the installed height of the springs, but it would be a lot of fun to watch.

Back