• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3" RC Lift with spacers/shackles?

jamesonw23

NAXJA Forum User
So my original plan was to go with a 3.5" RE Super-flex kit for my 2000 XJ. Now, RE is "restructuring" so I am trying to figure out what to do. I was looking at the RC 4.5" but from what I have seen, it looks like I will have to do an SYE with this which I am trying to avoid and I really don't want/need 4.5". So I'm wondering if anyone has ever done a 3" Rough Country lift and then added 1"-1.5" coil spacers in the front along with 1"-1.5" shackles in the rear? I am considering doing this and then going with some OME shocks Any ideas how this would ride and if it is a good idea? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

im doing it right now...the thing is, RC 3" add a leaf lift kit is only the leafs, coils and shocks, if you go with the spacer kit too your going to have to look into new control arms, longer swaybar endlinks or quik discos, and new 4" lift shocks. and if your not doing a SYE definatly look into a TC Drop.

as for the ride, with stock arms its going to be a little rough. not saying you cant ride it like that, but the steeper the angle of those arms get, the worse ride u will have. something the best shocks on the market wont take care of.

Back