• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door lock question

frogpirate

NAXJA Forum User
My new-to-me '88 'manche came sans door keys. I pulled the passenger lock yesterday and had my local lock-smith make me a pair of keys ($12). In the process I realized that the drivers side lock has been "screwdrivered" at some point. :cry: I'd like to swap the locks, or at lest put the passenger side lock in the drivers side door, since I'll be using that door 99% of the time.

Does anyone know if XJ/MJ locks are "sided"?

Does anyone have a spare single lock? The locksmith said he could re-key one if I could get one. Rock Auto has a pair for $8 (I should have went that way, but I wanted the glove box keyed the same) but I only really need ONE.

Thanks in Advance, Ken

'88 2wd Comanche, 4.0L, AW4, Dana 44 Trac Loc.

For the next guy: works fine, but you have to swap the actuator piece on the end of the locks left to right. Take the 'C' clip off, and you can move them right over. Do pay attention to where it goes, because it can go two different ways - the right one and the wrong one. If it's wrong, the lock rod will not line up.

For the next guy: works fine, but you have to swap the actuator piece on the end of the locks left to right. Take the 'C' clip off, and you can move them right over. Do pay attention to where it goes, because it can go two different ways - the right one and the wrong one. If it's wrong, the lock rod will not line up.

thank you for updating your thread with the solution you found, wish more people would do this!

Back