• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear waggy 44?

G.P_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I was doing some searching and came across this website that says the spring pads on a grand wagoneer dana 44 rear axle are the same width ans spacing that the XJ's came with. Is this true? would i be able to just bolt up the grand wagoneer rear axle into my '92?

Grand Wagoneer rear D44 - no drums
width - 58 1/2"
drivers side wheel mounting flange to center of pinion - 29 1/4"
passengers side wheel mounting flange to center of pinion - 29 1/4"
Stock '87 Cherokee rear D44 with Moser custom shafts
width - 60 1/4"
drivers side wheel mounting flange to center of pinion - 30 3/4"
passengers side wheel mounting flange to center of pinion - 29 3/8"
Stock junk yard D35 rear axle
width - 60 1/4"
drivers side wheel mounting flange to center of pinion - 30 7/8"
passengers side wheel mounting flange to center of pinion - 29 3/8"
So, the Grand Wagoneer rear D44 is 1 3/4" narrower than a stock axle with the pinion being offset 3/4" further towards the drivers side than a stock axle. The Grand Wagoneer rear axle is also about 2" narrower than the Grand Wagoneer front axle when figuring on 1/8" thick brake drums. The spring pads are already set up for spring over and are the same 43 1/2" apart as the stock xj axle.

http://www.madxj.com/MADXJ/technical/technicalfiles/JAfrontD44arb/FrontD44arb.htm

yes it is almost a direct bolt up minus shock mounts you need to put your own on. Also it is six lug i ran it with 5 lug in the front 6 lug in the rear in my last xj. Some of the bright comments people made about it made me laugh

Back