• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No turn signals, no radio, or rear wiper, BUT BLOWER WORKS

tanmanb

NAXJA Forum User
Last week my turn signals stopped working, along with my radio, rear defrost, and my rear wiper. But i still have my heater (THANK GOD!) and my front windsheild wipers.

I've checked and changed any fuses in question, and they are all good. I also changed my ignition switch with one off of another cherokee. Nothing is fixed. Is there a relay or something that might have gone? I've done searches and i know there are lots of similar threads, but all those threads say that their blower doesn't work either, or that they can get everything to work if they jiggle there key. I've tried that with no luck... This is getting annoying
i also put a little bit of dielectric grease on the connections for the ignition switch when i installed it.

any help?

Don't know what year you have but on my 90 (renix) I had the small circuit board ontop of the steering column near the pedals start to short out and cut my wipers, directionals and heat. The ignition rods connect to it. Mine had a burnt out a section. Seams to be a common issue on renix or so the mechanic who helped me figure it out. Gotta drop the column down to get to it. Doesn't hurt to check and see.

Had the same problem about two weeks ago. Did an extensive search on OEM forum. Found several threads on the topic. All had the same solution a suggested above, replace the electrical switch assembly at the base of the column (not the ignition key barrel assembly). Mine showed burn marks at one of the connectors. Replaced it and all is good.

John

you guys are talking about the ignition switch, which i already swapped out with one off another xj. I had no weird burn marks or anything on my old one. I guess the only thing i really can do is order a brand new one and see if that fixes anything.

Be nice to know what year it is?

The RENIX years, 87-90 ignition switch can be swapped out with out dropping the steering column. It is not easy to do, but can be done, especially if you have done one before and already know what is where.

Back