• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

POST PICS of 3.5" w/ 31's

2KXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 XJ and I'm planning a 3.5 RE lift with 31" BFG AT's...anyone running this setup please post pics. By the way, I'm new so HI...:D

Oh yeah....2000 XJ, Flowmaster 50 w/ Dynomax tailpipe, Hi-flow cat, 235/75/15 Michelin LTX's for now, Sylvania Silverstar headlights, The Fastman 62mm TB, Hi-flow intake (no name, but may go with Accurate Power in the near future). I was running a BC/T TB spacer, but it made my XJ shift wierd, so it's on a shelf for now.

Planning 3.5 RE w/ 31's, Four Real or similar roof rack w/ full size spare on top and rock rails hopefully by winter.

Here is my 93 with 3" RC. 31x10.50 BFG A/T on 15x8 with 3.75 BS.

Can't get pics to work. Sorry

I have that lift. Plan on getting AT LEAST an inch more than advertised.

Here are some pics from it:

Lift with 31's. They aren't mudders so you're tires might look a little bigger in the wheel wells.
Lift31.jpg

Lift with 32's. They rub a little bit with the flares on there.
Tires_profile.jpg

As it stands now. I'm still going to put the flares back on. The front fenders are trimmed about an inch and the back about half and inch.
32Flareless.JPG

And for fun.
FlexSmall.JPG

Spyder, that looks great...did you have any issues as far as rear end sag? I planned on getting the RE Super Ride and swapping the AAL for new packs. Is yours the Super Ride or Flex? How does it ride on the street?

409729_10_full.jpg

409729_2_full.jpg

jre29

Did you have to do a SYE with this setup. Have you had any driveline problems, vibration, anything like that.

Nice Jeep :yelclap:

Don't know how to post a picture of my XJ with 31's. I have a 4" lift. If you are going to go 31's I wouldn't go with a 3 1/2 personally. I would go with a 4 or 4 1/2".

Curt

h.curtis said:
Don't know how to post a picture of my XJ with 31's. I have a 4" lift. If you are going to go 31's I wouldn't go with a 3 1/2 personally. I would go with a 4 or 4 1/2".

Curt
:thumbup:

No SYE. I have a 1" TC drop with no vibes at all.

SpyderXJ or jre29, What shocks and what length shocks are you running?? I just bought the same lift as you two RE 3.5 but didn't buy shocks yet. Looking for something affordable other than doestech. Thanks NICK

I am running OME long travel shocks:

OME N35L front shocks 26.7" open 15.7" closed
OME N36L rear shocks 24.5" open 14.6" closed

2KXJ said:
Spyder, that looks great...did you have any issues as far as rear end sag? I planned on getting the RE Super Ride and swapping the AAL for new packs. Is yours the Super Ride or Flex? How does it ride on the street?

Hey, sorry it took so long to respond...I don't check this board a whole lot.

Haven't had any issues with the rear sagging. It's still 1.5" over the advertised 3.5" lift. I have the superflex. If you're planning off-roading get the flex kit. The ride is basically for street. The control arms don't articulate. Street manners are tolerable. You pretty much feel every bump, but that is expected with stiffer springs/shocks. I just put my flares back on. Here's what it looks like now.

Flares.JPG

Back