• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Last minute - Big Bear Sunday 09/14?

mgolden

NAXJA Forum User
A couple of us are gonna go run some Big Bear trails tomorrow. Anyone else care to join? No idea which trails, we're pretty much open for suggestions.

-Mike

Unfortunately I can't go as I got loads of stuff to do to my XJ and a research project that needs to be done.... but....
I suggest John Bull in reverse from what we did it previous time (gives an interesting perspective :D) :)

Anyways about month ago, starting at 9am we were able to complete in this sequence: Dishpan Springs, Holocomb Creek and John Bull in reverse :) If you start at 9 (we got to trail by 10 I think) you can be done by 4 pm (unless Tim has to make couple u turns on the way LOL)

Kejtar

I think this is the worst time of the year to fish for runs Mike, most of us are too busy getting our Junk ready for Moab. I know I have a lot to do, I've finally gotten the overheating problem taken care of, now I just have to put the interior back together and see about tires/lift, mount the rails, and maybe, if I'm lucky, fix my cruise control.

Sequoia

Yeah, I know. I wish I had the time or money to join you guys!

How's you fix your overheating problem? Did it just need to be flushed out?

-Mike

Mike, I may be able to get up your way next sunday.
Tim

The 21st or the 28th? Either way, I'm game. My brother will be here from Omaha on the weekend of the 28th, and wouldn't mind taking him out. He has a FSJ Wagoneer back in Nebraska.

-Mike

I'm better for the 28th, I've got a couple things to get done before I can play. If you got stranded wheeling with your brother alone, you'd never hear the end of it! LOL!

Tell me about it. Especially since the last time he was out in Arizona and we went camping overnight, it wouldn't start that night. The infamous CPS problem. Started right up in the morning, though.

Anybody else up for the 28th?

Totally OT: Some Cruz Bustamante guy was just on TV trying to get votes for governor by raising the alcohol tax. HAH! GET OFF MY TV, YOU SOB!!! :p

-Mike

Overheating: Seems my radiator was CRAP (not very old either :mad:) Anyway, new radiator and it's running way cool, have to put that thermostat in now!

I don't know when I'm going to be able to play yet...gotta see how everything goes!

I think that's the problem with mine too. It doesn't completely overheat, but the needle gets right under the red on the way up the mountain here. My radiator's only about 1.5 years old too.

Did you try flushing it? I was thinking about dumping some CLR in mine for a day and then flushing it out.

Or I can just use this as an excuse to do the open-conversion. :)

-Mike

Solder

Same issue I had on the radiator for my '90. Replaced EVERYTHING in the cooling systerm to find out that the darn solder had everything blocked and once I had it rodded it would never hit 210. Oh well, bright side of it was more comfortable wheeling was to follow just knowing I should not have a cooling problem on the trail. :)
Where's the quality control on them soldering lines?

Joe

Back