• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brian's Log: 1998 XJ, 6.5" 33's, 3 link on the way:)

brianglawson

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I'm Brian
Ive had my jeep for about 5-6 years now, and its been through a lot with me. I graduated high school and community college in it, ive driven it all through my time at VT; i brought my daughter home in it and i met my fiance in a trip over a little mountain road in my Cherokee:)

I started lifting about two years after I got it

Rig:
1998 Jeep Cherokee
4 door
4.0 liter inline 6
Aw4 Automatic
np231
Chilli Pepper Red (2010 factory respray)
240,000 Miles and going

STOCK:
CapeHatteras2006089edit.jpg

Modifications as it presently sits:
Rustys 4.5" coil springs
Rusty's 4.5" leaf springs
Rusty's 1.75" coil spacers
Rusty's 1.5" Greasable Shackles
Rusty's Fixed Lower Control arms
Rusty's shocks
Rustys Cut Out Fender Flares
TNT Customs Track Bar and Bracket
Rough Country Control Arm Drop brackets
JKS Quick Disconnects
Iron Rock Offroad Bar Pin Eliminators
Iron Rock Offroad Heavy Duty Tie Rod
Iron Rock Offroad Stainless Steel Brake Lines
16x8 Jeep Rubicon MOAB Wheels, painted (and baked) gloss black
Spidertrax Offroad 1.5" Wheel Spacers Front & Rear
305/75/16 Firestone Destination M/T's (33x12.50)

PRESENT:
DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

CapeHatterasMay2010742.jpg

CapeHatteras2010289.jpg

Waiting To Be Installed:
Advanced Adapters SYE & stock Cherokee Front Driveshaft(for rear)

And Now the exciting part!!!
I Just ordered:
HD OffRoad Frame Rail Stiffeners
&
Froehlich Suspension's 3 Link Long Arm Kit!!!

Plans for the near Future:
4.88 gears
Aussie Locker
JCR Rock Rails

More to come:):) With Write Ups and some Minor Fab work :):)

-Brian

When I say more to come, i mean HD Offroad and Froehlich parts will hopefully be documented being installed as soon as they get too my door :D

Looks great! I love those wheels.

Looks great Brian... at 240K it's down right inspiring.

B

Oh rock rails are comin! I'm dying to do wheeling, but our trails our narrow and rocky so the rails are a must now that I repainted!

I've only been to carolina beach once, all of those pictures are from Cape Hatteras! We go down there every year(might actually get married there in may)

Nice XJ, but is it safe to be smoking that close to the tent?

Shoot, I smoke in the tent! (when the daughter isn't with us of course...lol). Believe it or not that is like a 15 year old wal mart tent, thing has been awesome!

Nice pics, this is how we roll down to assateague every year. Been doing the ocean kayak thing for 10 or so years now.

NACFEST020.jpg

NACFEST014.jpg

I love ocean kayaking!! Hows the surf up there??? Hatteras is FUN:D I love your rig!

I love ocean kayaking!! Hows the surf up there??? Hatteras is FUN:D I love your rig!

HAh not bad, have seen dolphins quite a few times etc. and you can paddle around the back bay areas there too...

sweet, that's plenty of swell for a good ride! I've always wanted to do an OBX tour on my 13 footer, especially paddle from Ocracoke to Portsmouth(the abandoned island south of Ocracoke)

haha, id love to learn how to surf, but I've never been able to justify the money on a board living back in the mountains!

mods, i know this thread is gettin a lil OT, i got parts coming though!! and there will be modding of said parts.. haha

i need a new sway bar end link tab, anyone hae experience with the Teraflex?

prepped myself and did most of the body work my self, it was painted in a blowtherm booth in Greensboro at the auto auction... my old man sells spraybooths, I only spent a grand on getting it resprayed, but we got a deal, and a damn good job (good paint, baked, etc...)

I would estimate 1500-2000 minimum to get a GOOD (stress, good) factory respray at a shop that was reputable! and that is with doing some of your own prep! Good paint is expensive, i just lucked up :) it's all in who you know

Some pics from our creek run today.. flexing the old setup one last time (most likely!) I need some Bump Stop!!!

Pilot064.jpg

Pilot016.jpg

Pilot014.jpg

Pilot013.jpg

Pilot011.jpg

Pilot010.jpg

Pilot007.jpg

Pilot006.jpg

Pilot005.jpg

Pilot004.jpg

Pilot003.jpg

Pilot002.jpg