• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bilstein 5125 for XJ with 3" lift

deucestudios

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, it's time for a real set of shocks, to replace the skyjackers I have in there.
I have 3" RC coils, and about the same amount of lift out back from a bastard pack/shackle combo.
Static, my shocks are 19¼" both front and back.
Now, I'll be using the JKS stud thing up front, so that might take up to an inch off that length.
Planning on using the BE5-6253-H5, travel 8.60, valving 255/70, extended 22.50", compressed 14.06".
This would allow me to run the same shocks at all 4 corners. It'd give me about 4 down and 4 up (if I dont stuff tire first).
I'd like to put them on, then dial in my stops & straps. Is straps on 3" of lift stupid? I mean, I have disconnects, so I guess it could drop that far...

If someone could back me up on the numbers I'd have a better feeling about it.
Any comments on it, greatly appreciated. I'm a bolt on kinda guy, so figuring out the travel and all is a bit out of my comfort zone.

Thanks in advance guys/girls.

Nobody has any input?
Welp. 1 bump and I'll let it die.
Thanks anyway.

-Ben

creek2.jpg

What I would do is set the bumpstops now so it stops the axle before the tires rub on the flares. Then disconnect your shocks and flex it out to get the extended and compressed lengths. This way you have the right amount of downtravel and uptravel and there's no guessing. Once you got your shocks in there, set the straps 1/2" or 1" before the shock hits full extended length.

What I would do is set the bumpstops now so it stops the axle before the tires rub on the flares. Then disconnect your shocks and flex it out to get the extended and compressed lengths. This way you have the right amount of downtravel and uptravel and there's no guessing. Once you got your shocks in there, set the straps 1/2" or 1" before the shock hits full extended length.

Sound advice.

Back