• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

the axle plan

scott96

NAXJA Forum User
alrighty i am going to be picking up a d30 soon and still searching for an 8.25. my plan is to work on these two axles get a feel for it all and then give it a shot at re-gearing. i want to run 33s soon im tired of these silly looking 31s. im thinking buying 4.56 gears when the time comes. my jeep has the same axles under it now im just buying these to work on and then eventually swap so i dont have to go with out a ride for a while. im not to sure what im doing when it comes to axles so if you have a list of what other parts i would need or suggestions, anything like that it would be greatly appreciated.

Depends how much you want to spend on them. Also gears are not the easiest thing to just tackle, you will need some specialty tools to set them up correctly.

Front: Lunch box locker < Full case locker < selectable locker
Box in passenger upper mount, skid lower mounts < full truss with new mounts
Stock shafts with 760x u joints < chromos < RCVs
Axle shaft seals to keep the water out
Upgrade steering < WJ knuckle swap

Rear: Preferably a 29 spline
Lunch box locker < Full Case locker < Selectable Locker
Raise rear shock mounts
Chromo shafts
U-bolt eliminators ?

And properly set up gears

Last edited:
^^
yea i realize it wont be easy im trying to research a lot i found a really helpful thread on pirate4x4 but im hoping to start soon should be buying the front in a few days. so il be cleaning it up and getting a feel for how it all works. hoping it will be done before i graduate which will be in a few months if not before that the pa all breeds show.

thank you for the list im : ) looking into it all now

Back