• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'97+ interior swap?

G.P_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Today i went and snagged the dash, and center console out of a 1997 XJ that a buddy was parting out. Because of the price i couldnt pass it up.

So has anyone installed a 97+ interior in a pre 97?

If you have a link to a build thread that would be awesome

thanks
Garrett

I haven't paid attention to the 97+s, but know in 95, they changed the way the front seats mount(84-94 are swapable). Therefore, I'd be inclined to say 97+ seats bolt right into the 95s and 96s, but not the <95s(but I'm not ruling out possible modifications/solutions).

Im just looking to do the Dash and the center console, im keeping the prelude seats i have in there now

This has been brought up before, just can't remember where the thread is or what all was talked about...

but there is some mod work that has to be done with the mounting points on both sides how it attaches to the firewall/fender sides. Also I think the duct work has to be reworked a little bit

Back