• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Antenna Replacement

chuck2000xj

NAXJA Forum User
So I was reading somewhere (can't remember where I found it) about replacing the stock radio antenna with a CB antenna. Saw that Sirestik makes a splitter that allows you to use one antenna for both the CB and stereo. As I have really no knowledge about CB's (except I turn mine on and talk on the trails) I am needing help figuring out what hardware I would need to make the replacement work in the stock radio antenna location. Any help would be great. Thanks.

..... Saw that Sirestik makes a splitter that allows you to use one antenna for both the CB and stereo.

Those have been around since the 1970's and they still don't work.

Just buy a good quality antenna. Get a magnet mount antenna if you don't want a permanent mounted CB antenna.

Those have been around since the 1970's and they still don't work.

Just buy a good quality antenna. Get a magnet mount antenna if you don't want a permanent mounted CB antenna.

I do want something permanent but having a difficult time finding a way to mount the antenna the way I like. The only other way I have found is using the bracket that mounts in the rear hatch jam just above the lights.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=983108

i plan on doing this, i have no idea how well it will work though. i just need to talk back and forth on the trails.

For that kind of use, it should be fine.

Don't be tempted to wire your stereo's antenna coax into it as well, though. There's a good chance it won't be happy the first time you key up the CB and four watts of RF goes in the out hole - and this applies even if it's turned off when you key up.

For that kind of use, it should be fine.

Don't be tempted to wire your stereo's antenna coax into it as well, though. There's a good chance it won't be happy the first time you key up the CB and four watts of RF goes in the out hole - and this applies even if it's turned off when you key up.

meh. my jeep never had an am/fm antenna. i just listen to cds anyways. thanks for the tip though

Back