• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full width axles

Swamprat

NAXJA Forum User
Simple and clean what's best bang for buck? I'm thinking about axles something wide, I can easily fab up to bolt into my xj. Ive be told to go waggy 44's, the. 79 f250 axles, and other stuff, I'm just not sure.

waggy 44's would be easiest if u wanna keep damn near stock track width. if u dont care about track width and wanna go full width...60s if the budget allows :p
lemme tell you... building your own axles with infect you with lots of knowledge on how its all put together..

The 9" and D44 combo from a late 70s Ford is a popular swap for full widths as well (search threads for an explanation of what years to look for - you will want to know for sure, as some of them are much harder to fab on than others). Getting both axles from the same vehicle will save a little trouble.

there is a sticky telling you 98% of what you will need to know

I like my 44 and 9. There is quite a bit of aftermarket support to make the sway fairly easy too

Back