• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OTK ZJ TRE?

XJosh95

NAXJA Forum User
A while ago I thought I saw an episode of Xtreme 4x4 with Ian taking a stock steering setup and flipping it OTK. So, I figured while I was tossing on my V8 ZJ tie rod end setup, I'd go OTK at the same time. But when I looked at it, it doesn't look like it can go OTK.

So, I'm confused as maybe Ian did it on a TJ and their set up is different or something I missed him saying, but it seemed it was just as simple as doing the reaming/tapering of the top side of the knuckle and throwing all the crap up top.

Then through research, I've found evidence that would tell me I can't go OTK without using a right side drive drag link.

Any info would be great.

You've pretty much got it. You can flip the tie rod to the top of the DS knuckle by using the goferit flip bushing. The drag link can be done the same way....if you have the RHD drag link.

Alrighty... I looked up the RHD drag link on Quadratec. They want $110. Maybe I can find one somewhere else cheaper. Thanks for the confirmation.

Back