• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

installing an iron rock hack n tap. Got questions

rmonte4812

NAXJA Forum User
I was getting ready to cut my output shaft after following iron rock's measurments. Going by there measurments i would have about an inch of splines left but the new yoke would be to long. the end of the new yoke would hit the tcase and leave a gap on the inside of about an inch between the end of the output shaft and were yoke should be bolted. Any ideas, am I doing something wrong

98, auto, np242, 4.5 lift

a couple more measurments. Refurbished double cardan CV driveshaft (Original equipment XJ or ZJ front driveshaft) 35 3/4 collapsed and 39 extended. measuring from the center of the ujoint cup on the pinon to the tcase seal is 36. I dont see how this will work. This would allow for extension but no room to collapse

Last edited:
I have never seen their directions, but I would plan to cut so the output shaft splines match with the yolk splines (if that makes sense). Then measure from there and see what the DS will look like.

I guess after re-reading it sounds like there is too much material on the yolk? If so, I guess listen to xjcannon and cut down the yolk until you just have enough spline to match the output shaft.

Ben

Trim the yoke length to fit the shortened T-case output shaft. I installed a 3103-27CV style yoke from IRO and a front XJ drive shaft on a buddies Cherokee and that's what we did. Works great, no problems.

Back