• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Before i Spend my Money

OutkastBoss

NAXJA Forum User
Id like Some Opinions On rim selection..

So my Rig is a 2001 lifted 4" w/ a Super ultimate O.M.E. hybrid kit from d.p.g. offroad (Dirk Rules!) and no trimming .. I am on stocker rims and 31/10.50 bfg all terrains and i get a little rub on the l.c.a.'s so i am buying some rims and i have it narrowed down to two sizes (because style doesnt matter) ..I plan to cut and do tube fender flares next tax season so i can run 33's but i drive on the street alot and like my 10.50's and they even tuck in the weel wells so i thought maybe 33/10.50's will be the future tire. I want an all around adventure rig that can be driven across country if need be. so i doubt ill ever go to 12.50's but itd be nice to have the option. ( only buying rims once) s

so after reading threads heres what i understand (correct me if im wrong)

So for ease of finding tires you go with 15" rims right?

and a 7" wide rim is good up to a 10.50 but ideal for a 9.50
and a 8" is good to 12.50 and ideal for a 10.50.
So thats easy i Want an 8" rim.

SO 15x8 now what about backspacing?

So 4.75 is good for a 10.50 as i understand
But 4.5 is optimal for a 10.50
Then a 4"bs is good up to 12.50
But 3.75 is optimal for a 12.50.
Heres where Im having a hard time deciding ive pretty much got it narrowed down to two rims .. Cragar D windows w/stock caps..
choice A: 15x8 with 6 offset 4.75" backspace
choice B: 15x8 with -13 offset 4" backspace

with the 4" i at least have the option of 12.50 , but wont be able to stuff in fender with 10.50? ill probably only ever go to 33 10.50.. i have whole rig built and parts all picked on paper (only 10 grand to go lol)

Anyway what would you do with your hard earned money if you had my rig and my future intentions..?

no.

you want a 7" wide rim for a 33x10.5

based on what you want, i'd say 4.25" BS

IN FACT!

heres two pics of my old setup that was just that... 3.5" lift also.

2782106829_2f1bedf408_z.jpg

2782960866_6ba4a4b696_z.jpg

Ok so Now im saying either the 15x7 with 4.25" bs
or the 15x8 with 4.75" Bs..

Mebbe its your fenders being gone but those look like they stick out pretty far ..Id like to be under fender or not too far out of .. but i think ill get an inch or two wider coverage over stock with the tube fenders..

I think your right the 15x7 4.25bs is where i think my $ is going.. rim looks nice and safe tucked in the tire in your pics. and would be a little lighter than the 8" i suppose

OK SO FInal Verdict i think is the 15x7 with2.25" BS with 33/10.50's
you dont think itll round the tread pattern out with that skinny of a rim when im at DD p.s.i. on street do you ?

that removes my option of 12.50 though right? (prolly never do that anyway even my 31 10.50's feel heavy to me .. and i love the way my 10.50's handle my DD routine..

so I ordered 4.25 b.s. Cragar d windows and drilled for stock center caps.. And I'm here trying to get them mounted and the jokers here are telling me they don't want to mount because 15x7 is the wrong rim for 10.50's and also my tires are going to rub still because I'm still trying to put a tire that doesn't belong on my car..... Funny part is one of the tire techs who has a lifted wrangler explained b.s. As 4 other techs listened all mystified n shit. Like he was a genious.. Thought he was going to be on my side until he said they will fit on a wrangler w no rub but cherokees weren't made that way

yea I been trying to score a good deal on a tire changer and a balancer for a while..

So like I thought they were idiots and they're perfect no rub at full lock. Kinda hard to stay confident in something I hadn't personally seen in person yet with a small crowd of morons that are positive your wrong.. One of them tried to give me a lil sheet on the way out too. He was like you drilled those holes for the centercaps yourself huh?? (cause I had to redrill one that was off).. I was like yup! So do the tires rub bud !??

Back