• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D 300?

Alex E

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I've been doing some research and I was just wondering. Has anyone on NAXJA ever swapped in a Dana 300 into their Jeep? I'm not sure what exactly is involved as far as all the parts needed but from what I understand is it worth doing or should I just buy an Atlas?

The Atlas I want is about 2,350 bucks and I can drive there and pick it up...or for about 1,500 bucks I can buy a D 300, a flip kit with twin sticks and a 4:1 kit? I'm sure the Atlas is nicer but would I really save that much money? Your thoughts?

Don't forget the 32 spline outputs front and rear for the 300. And I have heard of far more broken 300 cases than broken Atlas cases.

I chose Atlas, two speed, 4.3:1.

Makes sense, I just know from experience that some times its better to just buy things complete then try and piece things together. There is always unexpected costs and some times its not worth saving the money in the end.

I swapped in a Flipped Dana 300 twin stick and I love it. Haven't done the 4:1 kit but intend to do it. When I do the gears I will also upgrade the output shafts. Not to big of a job. If I had the money I would just do the Atlas fwiw.

Back