• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzz Goes the Flasher

FearNoFish

NAXJA Forum User
Installing LEDs. The stock electronic flasher has a constant buzz when activated. Replaced with like unit and still have the same problem. Lights don't flash. I'm thinking maybe I've got a wire switched some where but I can't seem to locate it.

Anybody run into this before?

FNF

The flashers require resistance in the ciruit to work. LEDs don't have enough resistance. OR at least that was the case from my experience...

I forgot to say that my XJ is a 99 for what it is worth. I was under the impression that the electronic flasher would work with LEDs and the thermal flashers were the ones that were problems.

FNF

If the flasher does not say specifically that it is for LED lights then it is not the correct flasher, it will be printed on the body of the flasher unit.

Just because it is an electronic flasher does not mean it will work for LED's.

Pretty sure my flasher didn't say it was for LED's. I just bought a normal electronic flasher and it worked. The clicking when the turn signal is on is much louder than stock, but oh well.

Back