• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Proper Throttle body settings

bigalpha

So the PO to my MJ messed around a lot with the throttle body.

I have already set the butterfly valve properly (closed all the way then inched open until I could see a teensy weensy little space).

There is another allen screw on the side of the throttle body that is fairly small. What does it do and how is it set?

So I went out and fiddled with it some and didn't notice a difference in anything by screwing/unscrewing it. I did find that if I restart the truck after a high idle event, the idle will go back to 'normal'.

Block off the throttle body with your hand and adjust the screw on the side to achieve around 300-400 RPM. I would adjust the throttle stop screw by ear instead of sight. Back it off and screw it in to the point where you just hear a change in the intake airflow.

Block off the throttle body with your hand and adjust the screw on the side to achieve around 300-400 RPM. I would adjust the throttle stop screw by ear instead of sight. Back it off and screw it in to the point where you just hear a change in the intake airflow.

Make sure you re-adjust your TPS if you move the throttle stop any from where it is now.

Back