• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Multiple double cardan driveshaft questions

anthrax323

NAXJA Forum User
So I've been thinking about my LP D30 up front, dreaming of getting off my ass and rebuilding the HP D30 laying on the floor of my garage, and found a bit of a middleground I wanted to ask about...

Is anyone using a multiple double cardan driveshaft in the front with their LP D30 to compensate for crappy driveline angles? If so, I assume I'd need a different yoke on the axle side (pinion)?

Not 100% committed to this idea, just toying with it since Tom Woods offers custom multiple double cardan shafts... Just a curiosity really.

i run a low pinion front with a stock shaft without issue.

even if you are too lazy to rebuild your hp30. you can get them in good shape for $150-200 all day long.

much cheaper than a custom driveshaft

I'd stick with a regular driveshaft, if you ever need a spare they are 20 bucks at the boneyard. Custom shafts aren't. You'll also have to find a CV yoke for a d30, not sure anyone makes one?

Thanks for the input guys... I spoke to someone over at Tom Woods earlier today and they said the same thing - stick with a single double-cardan driveshaft for a variety of reasons. I'll just work with it until I get my HP D30 ready.

What problems are you having? My 2000 w/ a LP D30 and 6" lift has not been an issue,its been lifted since like mile 30!

Thanks for the input guys - I'm beginning to realize that all of my vibe issues are due to the rear driveshaft. Pulled the front DS, installed 4 degree shims, and still have some vibes... Looks like this thread was poorly thought out. I'll solve the rear-end issued and then start worrying about the front, especially now that I know people are running steeper DS angles with the LP D30 than I am.

As always, much appreciated :)

Back