• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zone

slamin81

NAXJA Forum User
just ordered my 3" zone lift today, got a q for you noligable guys:wave1:. front will be no issue, but i have never delt with a leaf sping set up. It is an add a leaf, will it be pretty straight foward or a bi@#$. thanks,

Pretty easy. You will need a big C-clamp, metric and sae sockets, pair of jack stands, jacks, pb blaster or whatever you prefer, and some locktite.

Basically what you will be doing is removing the two u-bolts, then dropping the axle till the leaf spring is no longer under any pressure. Then you will either disconnect the leaf spring from the jeep or leave it in there. That's up to you. I prefer to remove the spring but some prefer to leave it in and not deal with the two 21mm bolts. If you plan to remove the leaf springs, have a 21mm socket on hand. Then you'll clamp the springs with the c-clamp near the center pin and then remove the center pin. Release the clamp slowly and allow the pack to come apart. Insert AAL in wherever it goes, stick a narrow screwdriver into the center pin holes to line up the springs and clamp em together with the c-clamp. Insert center pin, tighten, and then reinstall spring. Repeat on other side.

It's really quite simple and easier than the front.

13/16 also works on the leaf spring bolts.

and you might want to get some new centering pins before you attempt taking the packs apart, if they're rusted. Metric cap screws work well with a slight bit of grinding on the head to fit the perch.

13/16 also works on the leaf spring bolts.

and you might want to get some new centering pins before you attempt taking the packs apart, if they're rusted. Metric cap screws work well with a slight bit of grinding on the head to fit the perch.

I know lift kits with AAL's usually include longer U-bolts but do they have center pins included as well? I never bought an AAL kit before, only played around with adding/subtracting leaves from my current packs.

Back