• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need a pic of the alternator and coil wiring

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, it's either the long days (I get up early) or laying on my back in a cold garage (yeah it did cool down in SoCal) or ..... I don't know what but as I'm putting my jeep back together I am slightly perplexed by the wiring hookups..... so if someone can post a pic of the back of an alternator with the wire hookups and the coil wire hookups on a 97 to 99 (I'm pretty sure those are all the same...) that'd be great.

I think I got those two right though I have two ground wires loose on the alternator harness and then there is this wire gizmo that I just don't remember where does it go:
2a9qvq8.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
if it is like mine (98) then the big hole is a 10 to 13 mm socket and the small one is like a 6 or 8 mm socket and they bolt up to the alternator together.

Ok, I figured it out with some help..... definately a d'oh moment.. that loose connector goes on the starter ;) Then the two loose grounds one goes on the alternator and one goes I think on the coil and I'm good to go (that's on top of the two grounds that go on the coil from the coil harness ;) )

Remi,

Looks as though you have finished swapping the used engine into your Jeep.
If you have any other questions I have the FSM for my '98 available.

Charles

Thanks :) I think I got all of the wires finally figured out.... Btw, FSM is great for all the powered wires but it sucks when it comes to all the ground wires.... and there are a lot of ground wires in the alternator/coil area but I got a pic from Aaron that shows me what was the missing piece (though in the tiny phone pic format ;) )

If all goes right I should be able to fire it up this Sat.

Back