• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anything worth saving from cracked head?

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I am the proud owner of a cracked 0331 head, PO had it rebuilt but not installed, good thing since it was cracked. so obviously the head is crap but all the other parts are brand new, is it worth popping the stuff out or throw it all away

doug

I am the proud owner of a cracked 0331 head, PO had it rebuilt but not installed, good thing since it was cracked. so obviously the head is crap but all the other parts are brand new, is it worth popping the stuff out or throw it all away

doug

I don't see any reason to toss good stuff (much to the Mrs.'s dismay)

If you don't forsee the need in the near future, I'll happily take them off your hands-- I've already got 20lbs of poop in my 10lb garage, another couple lbs can't hurt!

It depends on what you are replacing the cracked head with...most places require a core, in the same condition as the one you get from them...

already threw a new engine in, head was off blown motor that came with jeep, just been using the head as weight in the snow :farmer:

Back