• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

suspension advise?

bananaclip

NAXJA Forum User
Guys I installed a 4.5 rough country x series with full leaf packs on my 00 xj. I am wanting to do 2 things. 1 change my shocks and 2 get a better shackle angle. I have been running this suspension for nearly a year and it does very well on road and off but I am wanting to fine tune now. The kit shocks are very harsh. I have been looking into a few options but want to hear from you guys on recomendations. Also what do you recommend with the shackles? I am thinking of the bommerang style????

the only way to get a better shackle angle is by either, longer leaf springs, or relocating the shackle mount.

as for shocks, what do you do with your jeep/what do you expect out of it?

I drive it during the week to work and wheel it on the weekends! Right now it is fully armoured; full skids,sliders bumpers and winch. I am also running 35 inch km2's. Overall I want a better on road feel and I know that the shocks and shackle are my 2 obsticals!

do you like to go fast? crawl? or some of both?
whats your price range?

bilstein makes a decent shock. 5100 or 5125

many people also swear by old man emu monotubes for having the best ride quality.

Back