• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

00' XJ front speaker relocation

Swamprat

NAXJA Forum User
im converting my power doors to manual, cause im lazy and dont want to deal with plugs and heavy ass doors when i go doorless. in my old 94 i just stuck the speakers in the dash where the factory ones would have been. but on my 00' the dash is different. and i dont know what to do with my speakers now, and i want to keep them when i am doorless for my "tunes". i need some input on my situation please. what have everyone one done about the front speaker when they go doorless?

thanks
-Ian

Just pony up and get the q logic kicks.

Tapatalky

i'm also looking for a solution to this. the q logic's are stupid expensive. i'll probably try to fab something up and hold the speakers up under the bottom of the dash

A thought that just occurred to me... See if you can get a sound bar from another 97+ and install it further forward (likely just behind the front seats). You'd end up with four ceiling speakers, all reasonably large drivers.

Grab a rear roof speaker bar out of a 96 or older XJ and mount it to the ceiling right behind the front seats. It's been done before and won't be in the way like kick panels.

Grab a rear roof speaker bar out of a 96 or older XJ and mount it to the ceiling right behind the front seats. It's been done before and won't be in the way like kick panels.
i like this idea
i'm gonna waste some money on the qlogic's soon.. def worth it.

fer serious?

I have a full over head console... I'm thinking about some cheapo speakers to bolt on the dash like the older xj dashes would have had. But I have no clue whats behind the dash yet. But I'll soon find out

I used a pre 97 sound bar and mounted it right behind the front seats, it works awesome and only cost me $10 at the JY

FWIW, I got my kicks on eBay for around $75 methinks.

Tapatalky

I just had some kicks custom made by a friend and it made a huge difference. Worth the money if you can't make them or don't have a hook up.

i have the same issue, except i have a sunroof. i bought a sound bar from the JY, thinking about cutting the middle out and fitting it around the center dome light right behind the sunroof, not entirely sure how im going to keep it in place but ill post pics when i get it done (most likely not gonna be done till late spring)

Back