• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please verify this is an AW4 transmission

Redsnake

NAXJA Forum User
I'm a bit of a newbie on Auto Transmissions, but bought this one used f/a reputable 4wd shop in town. They had two and this one looked newer than the other, but no idea what the insides look like.

This one's going to replace the AW4 in my '96 that has 247K miles on it.

Here she is... any way to verify production date f/the Serial #?

transmission.jpg

rear shaft

transmission2.jpg

front

transmission3.jpg

side

transmission4.jpg

Thanks all.

X2 definitely an AW4... I'd have to place that as a 97 or earlier but I'm not sure, closeup pic of the electrical connector? Pics of the driver side of the unit?

You should count the splines on the output shaft and make sure it's 23 before dropping your old transmission.

X2 definitely an AW4... I'd have to place that as a 97 or earlier but I'm not sure, closeup pic of the electrical connector? Pics of the driver side of the unit?

You should count the splines on the output shaft and make sure it's 23 before dropping your old transmission.

Thanks and the Output Shaft is in the rear or front? I'm guessing it's the rear shaft... ?

yep, it's the rear one.

Back