• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My KOH 2011 Pics

ERock62

NAXJA Forum User
EWC_5450-2 (Medium).jpg

EWC_5455-2 (Medium).jpg

EWC_5458-2 (Medium).jpg

EWC_5460-2 (Medium).jpg

EWC_5461-2 (Medium).jpg

EWC_5464-2 (Medium).jpg

EWC_5467-2 (Medium).jpg

EWC_5471-2 (Medium).jpg

EWC_5481-2 (Medium).jpg

EWC_5486-2 (Medium).jpg

EWC_5491-2 (Medium).jpg

EWC_5501-2 (Medium).jpg

i am so mad that i couldn't make it this year!!! awesome pics though!!!

the tire story was prolly the biggest "really' factor of any rig item, this year. with Shannon and a few others converting over to Goodyear for the First time ever. BFG people for some reason seem to think the brawler (baja carcass/Krawler tread) is the answer, where as GY and maxxis stick to the more traditional crawling type tire. They say they are out driving thier tires (the krawlers) and want a faster breed. Yet you can watch those with the go fast tires just spin thier crap excessively in the rocks. And in the rocks is where they will sit for extended times trying to go up something that they have to break out a winch to go up/over. Where as the slower tires even out in the desert, may not do 130 out in the desert but they (GY Kevlars) Are doing 120 in the desert, as proved by team genrite.

So I still have to think the GY kevlars are a better choice for ultimate time savings.

Would it not benefit them to put an auto air-down system (kind of like the Hummers have) so that as they approach the rocks the air could be escaping from the tires down to a certain PSI, and then as they leave the rock course just turn on the compressor? I wonder, really, how much airing down really hurts their time if they sit their and spin and spin, sometimes even going over. Just a thought.

I did see one guy air down at after the big waterfall/ledge on backdoor where the course turns left.

I might have a pic of the team. I will have to check when I get home.

Back