• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC Compressor verification...?

xjwisconsin

NAXJA Forum User
98 4.0 5spd sport

Purchased the rig a couple years ago and the ac has never blown cold... I do not use Ac in any of my vehicles. I figure there are windows on the rig for a reason. Anyhow... Im going to delete the ac system, but would like to verify the operation, lack of, on the compressor before removing. Only advise I have found so far was to recharge the system, wich makes no sense to me, so any help would be appreciated.

If the system has too low (or too high) pressure the compressor will not cycle.

You can jumper the compressor clutch to see if it engages, but that is just going to tell you the clutch functions EVEN if you have gauges on the system IF the system is discharged.

So, strangely enough, if you want to test the compressor you would need to evacuate the system, then charge it.

thanks. ill look into the switch location. I decided that the compressor is nothing but a liability at this point since I dont use the ac in my rig. I know I could keep it for oba but the likelyhood of me getting to that project is extremely low. Just way to much on my plate at this time. I tend to look on the; "if it can... it will break", side of auto repair and I figure I might as well be proactive and take this compressor and extra gear off while its still functioning and let someone else use it...

Back