• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OTK steering question

bhicks

NAXJA Forum User
I bougth a 2000 XJ a couple years ago that was already lifted with OTK steering and had the ZJ tie rod and ends. My drag link was seriously damaged recently after an accident in the snow. I went down to napa to get a factory drag link since that's what was on there. When I went to install it I realized the tie rod end at the passenger side end of the draglink was facing up (for the factory steering set up). I realized my damaged drag link tie rod end faces down(for the OTK setup). Can I simply pop out the tie rod end and flip it over and put it back in? If so, any special tools needed? Anyone have a write up on this? Do any aftermarket companies sale a drag link for an OTK steering on an XJ?

Probably not much help, but you most likely could use a postal XJ tie rod/drag link. It mirrors the domestic steering but RHD. But then the drivers tie rod would go outside because of the taper. Could always ream the taper from the other side to make it work.

Is this any help? I doubt it but it's info.

Definately sounds like a RHD draglink was used in the conversion,Got a new one here if your interested!

Definately sounds like a RHD draglink was used in the conversion,Got a new one here if your interested!

That would be awesome if it will work. Pm coming.

Well RCP PHx was correct about the RHD drag link. That is definately what I need but I havn't heard back from him and my rig is currently taken apart with snow on the way. I badly need this part asap. Does anyone out there have a RHD draglink they would be willing to sale? The dealer can get if for me but they want $120 -ouch!!. Rock Auto has one for $37 but they can't seem to verify that the draglink they show is actually for a RHD vehicle. There description says "Right hand thread to Right hand drag link". The other draglinks posted on their site all say "Left Hand Drive" but this particular one does not.

your local auto parts store might have one or could order one. They are always listed.

I called autozone, Pepboys, and star today with no luck. Rock Auto fianlly confirmed that they DO NOT carry a RHD draglink. None of them had or could even get a RHD drag link. I decided to just go with the dealership. I drove down their to order the part and I was told that they made a mistake and quoted me the wrong part. The new quote was $208. What the Hell!!!! There is no way I can afford that right now. Napa thought they could find one and said they would get back to me but never did. I'm really getting lost on what to do. i'm still waiting on a reply from RCP PHx. If anyone out there has ordered a RHD draglink I would REALLY appreciate you passing on the info of where you go it. A part # would be awesome.

Last edited:
Well I finally found what I was looking for. The RHD draglink for a 91-01 XJ and 97-06 TJ is #52006582. I found one made by Crown for $90 at 4wdtruck.com. That was the best deal I found. If I don't here back from RCP Phx by morning then I'm ordering the part.

PM sent

Well I finally found what I was looking for. The RHD draglink for a 91-01 XJ and 97-06 TJ is #52006582. I found one made by Crown for $90 at 4wdtruck.com. That was the best deal I found. If I don't here back from RCP Phx by morning then I'm ordering the part.

That is the correct part#,the Mopar tag is still on mine!

Part is ordered.

Back