• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wanted: D30 passenger side knuckle

61scout80

NAXJA Forum User
I stripped out the caliper hole in the passenger side knuckle, the axle is from a '94. Anyone have one collecting dust?

I figured I would try here before buying the helicoil kit.

Hey bud, if you have no luck finding one you can drill it out and use a nut on the back side. I did the same thing and found a few threads online about it and it worked fine until I swapped in a high pinion. I've however never used helicoils so you may have luck withthose too.

Hey bud, if you have no luck finding one you can drill it out and use a nut on the back side. I did the same thing and found a few threads online about it and it worked fine until I swapped in a high pinion. I've however never used helicoils so you may have luck withthose too.

It didn't look like there was room for that, but i'll look again tomorrow.

I have a pair drilled for heim steering.

Thanks, but i have to pass. There is no more budget for upgrades at the moment...

If I remember right I just got a bolt that was the same size, just a tad longer, then for the nut, took it to the bench grinder and thinned it a bit till it fit in there. It's been awhile, almost 2 years ago now that I think about it, I also remember using the open end of a box end wrench to hold the nut in there while I ran the bolt through. Good luck.

Back