• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for D35 or D44 rear axle bearing retaining plate

DriftXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone! I picked up some spare axles for my D44 rear but they did not come with the bearing retaining plate and neither did my Spicer axle bearing kit. It came with a plate that had the wrong bolt pattern. I'm trying to get my axles installed this weekend. If anyone has or knows where I can buy them locally(I'm in Long Beach) I'd appreciate it! I think the D35 and D44 share the same plate and it looks like this:

83504190.jpg

I didn't want to take apart my other axles so I can have them ready as spares. Thanks!

Hey everyone! I picked up some spare axles for my D44 rear but they did not come with the bearing retaining plate and neither did my Spicer axle bearing kit. It came with a plate that had the wrong bolt pattern. I'm trying to get my axles installed this weekend. If anyone has or knows where I can buy them locally(I'm in Long Beach) I'd appreciate it! I think the D35 and D44 share the same plate and it looks like this:

83504190.jpg

I didn't want to take apart my other axles so I can have them ready as spares. Thanks!

I may have some... I'll check when I get home from work.

What you probably want to do is cut them open in a u shape so that they slide off an axle. Figure out what is the narrowest spot that you can do it in and cut them with an angle grinder. As you're cutting though put something over the bearing so that you don't get the shavings into the bearing.

There is someone that used to sell them like that I just can't remember who it is.... anyways I cut mine open when I did the disk brake conversion and haven't had any issues.

i have em

Thanks for the help everyone! I actually ended up cutting them how Kejtar described. Now I just have other issues and need to adjust the pinion angle. One thing after another! hahahah

Back