• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

? about tire balancing

jumpnjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I had a HUGE-A-MUNGUS bubble in my tire today and had to buy a new one. When I got back to the shop and mounted it after trying to balance it I just got it close and gave up. It first was asking for like 8oz on the inside and like 6.25 on the outside. I added a few oz and tried again but it just kept asking for more weight.

So I have seen a few guys here posting about putting soft air bb's or actual copper bb's in to act as a live balancer.

Does this work, what should I use and how much???

Thanks everyone, I have always gotten alot of good advise and help on here.

Asa

Thanks for the advice guys. I will try to rotate it 180 and rebalance it. I think I will also place an order for some of those Beads!

Once again Naxja comes thru with the save!

I have always been very weary of using beads in my tires if it is my daily driver for the fact that they can rust and that can wear the tire from the inside. My friend used to run them in his tires and he ended up having steel belts show from the inside. I would rotate 180 degrees. And if you still need to use beads use somthing made for that ad not somthing you have just layig around

I have always been very weary of using beads in my tires if it is my daily driver for the fact that they can rust and that can wear the tire from the inside. My friend used to run them in his tires and he ended up having steel belts show from the inside. I would rotate 180 degrees. And if you still need to use beads use somthing made for that ad not somthing you have just layig around

A lot of guys use plastic Airsoft bb's. Couldn't have a rust problem with those. Probably nicer to the inside of your tires too.

Dynabeads will fit thru your valvestem, airsofts will have to be placed into the tire before seating the last bead

i have some at my place i am looking to sell...pm me if you are interested!
Thanks for the advice guys. I will try to rotate it 180 and rebalance it. I think I will also place an order for some of those Beads!

Once again Naxja comes thru with the save!

It sounds like the stem and the mold seam lined up to me..I have a set of 33 mudders with no weights at all and NO airsoft bb's in them.Run smooth down the road at all speeds..They put them colored dots on there for a reason i think..

:cheers:
It sounds like the stem and the mold seam lined up to me..I have a set of 33 mudders with no weights at all and NO airsoft bb's in them.Run smooth down the road at all speeds..They put them colored dots on there for a reason i think..

LMAO, Yeah I know and I have the dot 180 opposite of the valve stem. I dunno, I have mounted and balanced a ton of tires on various wheels and never had this problem. BUT I am still a newb to the whole big tire offroading thing so Its a learning curve.

Thanks again for all the help guys.

Back