• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does this mean RE is going out of busines?

The blog post finishes with "We look forward to serving you in the future."....so I don't think they're going out of business, maybe just being bought out or negotiating terms under new investors.

I spoke to my wholesale rep about this today and he said he knows to much but would not say much. He did confirm that re is not taking any new orders at this time. but that is obvious since they turned there phones off.

So it looks like a the moment I am no longer selling RE products.

On another forum someone said that all the RE sales reps are already on Unemployment and have no idea if this will be 4 weeks to 4 months.

To me this sounds like they went bankrupt and are trying to "reform" the business.

If it was simply a buy out I would hope they would have not done it this way as many vendors are now going to be pulling there product line, doing it this way can cause more damage to the reputation.

Last edited:
I always liked their product and loved going there to get things as they are a couple miles away but i didn't agree with their strategy of raising prices on everything every year, its actually is why i stopped spending money with them. Sucks none the less. Maybe this will force them to drop their astronomical prices on some of their goods and then i might start buying their product again. I feel bad for the dudes that worked there though, they were all super cool whenever i dropped in and all knew their shit...

They are probably becoming part of another company. I hope they weren't bought up by 4 Wheel parts. I think when very large companies buy up smaller companies, it almost always is worse for the consumer. A large company is likely to have all the core products made in China, which means piss poor quality.

I wouldnt doubt is 4WP bought them, that would suck. All though I havent bought a RE product in forever because like stated above, they really jacked up their prices. I remeber back in 2003, I order my first XJ lift from them. 4.5" Super duty with full leaf packs and Doeshtec 3000 shocks for about $800. Now that same kits is will over $1000 WITHOUT shocks!

I wouldnt doubt is 4WP bought them, that would suck. All though I havent bought a RE product in forever because like stated above, they really jacked up their prices. I remeber back in 2003, I order my first XJ lift from them. 4.5" Super duty with full leaf packs and Doeshtec 3000 shocks for about $800. Now that same kits is will over $1000 WITHOUT shocks!

If you knew how much steel has gone up in price, this wouldn't surprise you.

Rubicon express is Bigger then rough country.. so thats hard to believe..

who knows.. they are a very popular name, I doubt they will be gone for long.

Just got some RE product last week.

Looks like I just made it in time. Signs of the time. I'm afraid it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Back