• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC blower speed switch source?

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
I am having a hard time finding a source for the AC/heat blower speed toggle switch for a 1989 XJ.

Any ideas?

I'd say hit the junk yard. You're talking about the dash "roller-type" fan speed switch, right?

Yes, that one. I never use used parts for that sort of part.

The one at Autozone, looks like the wrong part. Advance, Oreileys and NAPA don't list it online, at least not that I can see. Also tried Rockauto and teamgrandcherokee.com

Last edited:
Yes, that one. I never use used parts for that sort of part.

The one at Autozone, looks like the wrong part. Advance, Oreileys and NAPA don't list it online, at least not that I can see. Also tried Rockauto and teamgrandcherokee.com

Check www.rockauto.com - they're listing AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 1S7220 for that year at around $10. Never replaced one from that era before so I'm not sure if this is the right part or not, but It looks like you have to move the fan speed wheel over to the new switch.

Check www.rockauto.com - they're listing AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 1S7220 for that year at around $10. Never replaced one from that era before so I'm not sure if this is the right part or not, but It looks like you have to move the fan speed wheel over to the new switch.

Thanks, I could not find it in my hunt through rock's parts search tool.

That looks like the one Autozone has, so maybe your right, I may need to reuse the wheel...

I'd suggest building a relay panel to do the actual power switching so you limit the amount of current flowing through the switch, else you will get to replace the switch again in another few years. That's one of the most commonly cited examples of chrysler under-engineering in the entire XJ electrical system, the battery cables/ground cables and headlight harness being the others.

I'd suggest building a relay panel to do the actual power switching so you limit the amount of current flowing through the switch, else you will get to replace the switch again in another few years. That's one of the most commonly cited examples of chrysler under-engineering in the entire XJ electrical system, the battery cables/ground cables and headlight harness being the others.

Too much work, but I did bypass the starter switch and fuse box for that service on 2 of my jeeps already, with a separate fused switch and larger service wires!!!! That wire and switch, also service the WSWipers, and door locks and windows to name a few....:eek:

Back