• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Scenic trip from OC to Humboldt.

Peacefrog53

NAXJA Forum User
Ok guys so my roommate and I are planning a trip in the jeep from down here in OC, up to Humboldt, CA to see some old friends. What are some nice off-road trails and scenic drives going up there? Redwoods, Tahoe....what are some other really cool places to see.

We will be Leaving Saturday July 2, hoping to return the following weekend. Also, if anyone wants to tag along, let me know.

I just came back from Northern cali and the way up I-5 dead zone. Crossed the 152 Gilroy/Hollister fwy i think. The boys from the Sierra chapter could direct you in that area. The coastal drive from the north was nice going back home with the windows down jammin the tunes and checkin the waves. Stop and get some sushi it hits the spot. You could even hit pismo on the way too depends on how much time you have. Have fun on the way up we hit a blanket of fog to welcome you into the heart land then a little rain.

About 250 in gas round trip.

If you want to go a bit out of the way, Pickel Meadows training area is a nice hike and a great drive through the canyon. If they are training, you might be able to do some rock face work with the Marines up there.

I'll post this in the sierra chapter too then. I've driven from down here to San Jose before up the 5 across the 152 up the 880. I've also gone to Kennewick Washington taking the 395 and a second trip on the 5 and the 101. Going through Oregon was awesome. Thats going to be our next adventure after this.

Rock face work huh?? That sounds like fun. Except the work part. lol Thanks guys.

Back