• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TPS Replacement

It's bolt on, no adjustment needed. Be sure the connector is clean; I like to use some electrical contact cleaner on the connector while it is off.

The mounting bolts can be tough to break loose, as I seem to recall some blue lok-tite fom the factory being involved. They are also allen heads, so keep the wrench tight or you'll wind up stripping them.

If you do stip the head of the bolt (like I did), just use a dremel tool to grind off the head. You then slide the TPS off, and remove what's left of the bolt with some pliers....

They should be Torx bolts by the way; T15 or 20 IIRC, one of the common sizes. Mine also had a good bit of thread-locker on them; I used a small pair of Vice-Grips to break them loose the first time, as my cheap AutoZone Torx bits were twisting. If you have any problems, it's a simple matter to remove the entire throttle body if needed to access a broken/stuck bolt.

I've read that you should reset the PCM when replacing sensors; that's a simple matter as well.

Back