• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 44 rear with disc brakes and trac lock

thecableguy1

NAXJA Forum User
Hi every body I was in the middle of building up my 99 cherokee with a dana 44 i picked up a few months back. I was just laid off so I need the money more than I do the axle. Here is what I have into it 250 for the axle 250 for bearings and seals all the way around plus shop fees. rear disc brake conversion over 250 into that. track loc and 3.07 gears. Plus fresh paint. I have roughly over 750 into it. I was about to do gears next but that when down the drain. The axle came out of a 87 so it will bolt right up with no modifying. I know I'm not going to get what I got into it so I'm going to start at 575.00 obo. I will be leaving to go out of town for 2 weeks for a temp job. I hope to sell it before I leave. :( Shoot me an email @ [email protected] or call me @ 6026637047 I can send pics upon request. Thanks

Hi every body I was in the middle of building up my 99 cherokee with a dana 44 i picked up a few months back. I was just laid off so I need the money more than I do the axle. Here is what I have into it 250 for the axle 250 for bearings and seals all the way around plus shop fees. rear disc brake conversion over 250 into that. track loc and 3.07 gears. Plus fresh paint. I have roughly over 750 into it. I was about to do gears next but that when down the drain. The axle came out of a 87 so it will bolt right up with no modifying. I know I'm not going to get what I got into it so I'm going to start at 575.00 obo. I will be leaving to go out of town for 2 weeks for a temp job. I hope to sell it before I leave. :( Shoot me an email @ [email protected] or call me @ 6026637047 I can send pics upon request. Thanks

Cableguy..... you can bump your post back to the top very easily by just responding to your own post. By doing that, you don't have to create a new post.

A lot of members just reply to the original post with a "btt" or "ttt".

Hope this helps.

No worries I didn't take it that way. Hey I see that you are running a d44 up front and the 8.8 in rear how hard was it to swap in the front d44. I'm trying to sell this d44 so I can get the 8.8.

It was already bracketed for suspension so it was very easy, you just have to remember the 44 is a little longer than the 30 so you might need to push your axles forward a little or get a new D/S. Good luck with your sale 44 is a good rearend.

Hi Dave I called you and left a message. Let me know if your still interested in the axle. I can get a price from a shipping place out here. give me a call 6026637047.

I used the 2000 crown vic brackets and rotors with calipers. You have to use a sanding wheel or some thing to open the hole on both the rotor and bracket. very easy to do. Then you need a spacer from like teraflex or some place to put between the out mounting plate and the seal. I had a shop put them in for me. Its a very easy swap. And its about 3 to 400 less than tsm or teraflex. I only paid $120 for all of it including the ebrake cables. I lost my job so I sold the axle to a guy in cali.

:worship:Thank you "Cableguy" it arrived today in its new home state! safe and sound looks prefect just like you said it was!!!!! Now I need to Lock it and Gear it and install it. Thanks again, it was GREAT doing this transaction w/you see ya down the trail sometime:wave:
BrothrDave

Back