• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle widths

jdogg4

NAXJA Forum User
1. Year of your XJ/MJ. 2001

2. Engine (I.E.: 4.0, 2.5, 2.8). I6

3. Transmission (Manual or auto). auto

4. Differential/transfer case. np231

5. Any other model year specific info that would apply to your tech question.

what are the axle widths on the xj's d44 and d30?

what are the axle widths on the xj's d44 and d30?

60" WMS to WMS, front and rear, IIRC. Applies to the D30, D35, D44, and C8.25.

If you're wondering if an XJ D44 from an '87-'90 will bolt into the back of your 2001, the answer is yes ;)

thanks guys nope not for my xj already have the D44 out of an 87xj for mine. Got a guy with an old willys wanting to go with wider axles but not too wide and an easy install thought that would be a good way to go. He's having a custom frame made for it and going to do a long arm setup. Light little jeep on some D44s at that width is what he was looking for.

Got a guy with an old willys wanting to go with wider axles but not too wide and an easy install thought that would be a good way to go. He's having a custom frame made for it and going to do a long arm setup. Light little jeep on some D44s at that width is what he was looking for.

That's actually a pretty nifty plan, and should give it excellent stability and killer durability under something that light. I'd be interested to hear how that turns out if he ends up going that way - my attention's kinda been turned to CJ3s lately after seeing one doing snowplough duty around here a couple of weeks ago.

His jeep is here in the US and he is subcontracting work in Afgan right now so he's having to do alot of stuff online and try adn get this build all laid out before he gets back in aug. for a trip. He has the frame deal on order and pannels to extend the rear a bit so it will be like a willys LJ version. Should be cool He has a buick v6 under the hood with stock drivetrain he's going to update all that to work with the new fram and do coils or coilovers up front might leave the back with leafs like a XJ setup.

Back