• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

100,000 Miles

Well the old girl is about to pass 100,000. What do you get a stock XJ for such a milestone.... :)

You get it dirty :D

At least, that's what mine got - it passed the 100,000 mark on the trail.

mine passed 100k and i forgot to get a pic! :(

2 of mine I got with more than 200 on them and the other is never gonna make it that far... body will rot out and it'll get parted far before then.

I wouldn't do anything special except make sure all 4 tires are spinning when it hits the mark. Check all the usual wear items and fluids, replace/flush as needed, drive.

Well the old girl is about to pass 100,000. What do you get a stock XJ for such a milestone.... :)

congrats,u get nuttin!! 100k on a cherokee........if you take care of it and keep it,you`ll see atleast another 100k. got 246,000 on my `92 (down to one jeep now) got intentions of just fixin whatever needs it and when and ridin that thang till it just won`t go anymore!!!

latest repair was front brake pads installed tonight. i`ve got a new header,flex pipe,2" lift kit w/ shocks and new motor and trans mounts just waitin to get installed. tryin to find the time.

Maybe I should rephrase the question as what should I buy for my XJ and use 100K mile mark as an excuse?

Much better question! You can now justify replacing all those "worn out" parts like the springs, control arms, tires, etc. Of course when you replace them, the price difference to upgrade isn't much so you might as well lift it and put on bigger tires. Or at least that's what I'd tell the wife (if she cares about the money - mine doesn't).

Much better question! You can now justify replacing all those "worn out" parts like the springs, control arms, tires, etc. Of course when you replace them, the price difference to upgrade isn't much so you might as well lift it and put on bigger tires. Or at least that's what I'd tell the wife (if she cares about the money - mine doesn't).

That is how I got started on this damned addiction... rear leafs were sagged so I got 2" heavy duty ones to replace them, so they would not sag so fast. They gave me 3.5 inches of lift so I had to even the front out, then it looked silly sitting so high with stock tires on it...

Damn jeep! Oh well, it IS a lot more fun than when it was stock.

Somewhere around 100K, the cooling system needed work. CSF all-metal rad, new pump, hoses, T stat, flushes, in no particular order. Think the brakes and shocks were next around 125K. After that it was springs all the way around (130? 135?), then the steering needed work, so I wound up replacing all of that. The longer you drive it, the more work it needs. The more work you do to it, the longer you drive it, which means something else wears out, so you work on that, but in the meantime you learned you didn't do some of the other repairs at 100%, so you go back and fix that, which makes another weak link stand out, so you add that to the list... and so it goes, ad infinitum....

Ah, excuses, that's a different story. Does it have a nice proper set of tow hooks? Fog lights? How about a receiver hitch?

I see you're in the rust belt, so check your radiator fins for rot. Maybe a rad. upgrade.

Back