• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing Air box

Majo

NAXJA Forum User
I'm gonna remove my air box and install a new high intake filter, question i have is that there is another piece of plastic attached to lower part of air box. someone told me it's for warming up cold air or something?, either way that hose is ripped cuz it's old. Anyone know anything about this input is highly appreciated.:)

the colder the air, the better it runs. Why would anyone put a heater in the intake?

Go for it. The only thing that needs to be put on is the hose coming off the valve cover, but that should have a canister to catch the oil, instead of letting it into the intake (stock) and cloging the intake runners.

The plastic thing he was talking about is at the front of the airbox and goes into the core support it is used for warming up the engine for smog purposes, depending on where you live, you may need it for smog reasons, just keep all your airbox stuff if so and slap it on when you have to get smoged

Back