• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Possible help needed

trevanator

NAXJA Forum User
So I just posted a thread in the mod tech about exhaust. I am going to replace my cat and maybe more depending on suggestions from those in the forum. You can read my post to see why I am going to replace it. What I may need from you guys is anyone local that wouldnt mind helping me out once I get whatever it is I am going to get because I am a newb when it comes to exhaust I can work on the main parts of the motor but I have never even touched the exhaust lol. So maybe someone can school me on this and help me install whatever it is i wind up buying and needing to install.

Thanks guys.

I know what ya mean. It can seem daunting but honestly, if you have the CAT and a muffler and a good weld, you cannot go wrong. I got lucky when I installed my exhaust as it all fit up right, the first time (I had mocked it up in the backyard and literally carried it to the Jeep :D) and I welded on a muffler for a buddy’s Bronco. Other than that I have zero experience or knowledge lol!

I know what ya mean. It can seem daunting but honestly, if you have the CAT and a muffler and a good weld, you cannot go wrong. I got lucky when I installed my exhaust as it all fit up right, the first time (I had mocked it up in the backyard and literally carried it to the Jeep :D) and I welded on a muffler for a buddy’s Bronco. Other than that I have zero experience or knowledge lol!

Yeah exactly thats pretty much it but I am still going to need help because unless I do this at my shop I have no welder and I dont think I could get it done at lunch lol

Thanks for the offer max I may just take you up on that i just have to get a new cat and new cat back system first lol once I do I will hit you up see if we could set up a day its not that far i mean 30 miles is a couple gallons but if i cant get any local help what other choice do i have lol.

do any of you guys know of anyone on here that has a shop around me that is a member here. I know robertk has some sort of shop right? and isnt he in yorba linda or something?
idk if there are any other members with shops that could help me out other than you webdog

I might be able to help as I am close by. I need to change my muffler soon so perhaps we can do both xj's if your not in a rush. I have a welder so send me a PM with your info and we can talk. Louie

Back