• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior restoration

dnp

NAXJA Forum User
My 89's front driver's seat has been worn out by an obviously overweight prior owner. For whatever reason (broken support or bad foam), the bottom cushion leans to the left side.

My question is: are there any sources out there for replacement seat foam (specifically, the entire foam cushions under the original seat covers)? I don't seem to be able to locate any, but I'm sure it has to be available from someone.....any advice?

Thanks,

dnp

I had a couple of welds break in my 98's driver seat. After a rew months of aching back syndrome I finally took it to an automotive upholstery place in the old industrial area of allentown pa where I was working on a job. For $50 he pulled the seat out, rewelded it in several places and reinforced it, then he put in additonal paddingn for my 6'6" that was not there from the factory. That seat is very comfortable now, best $50 I have ever spent on the XJ :D
I have been in the passenger seat quite a bit lately as my daughter has her permit so I know that passenger seat is not as comfortable.

Back