• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Invitation to ColoradoFest 2011 - Last week in July

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
The Colorado Chapter is happy to invite you to attend ColoradoFest 2011, held in Ouray, Colorado. It is one of the most beautiful areas in the country. Also known as the Switzerland of America, the bulk of the trails can be run by a stock XJ, but make up with the increadible scenery.

ColoradoFest2011-2.jpg

There are lots of hardcore trails within driving distance as well.

We will be headquartering out of the KOA Campground in Ouray.

This is an event the whole family will enjoy. Don't forget your camera and extra memory cards.

You can see more about what will be happening in the events forum. There is a sampling of the trails that are available for you to view. So start now planning your family vacation.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=265

Hope to see you there.

Tom Houston (old_man)
Colorado Chapter President

Too bad there aren't any Jeepership Scholarships/Grants for po' SoCal types. Drove thru there 3 summers ago in a '90 unlifted XJ with 3 teen kids (en route to visit fam in Denver area), and drooooooled.

Well, someday... Should've sold my kids before they were old enough to talk (or talk back). :laugh:

Thanks for the info; someday I'll make it out there to go play!

Made it out to CoFest last year and had a good time. Great people and some amazing trails. Had to represent that the So Cal forum can wheel with the best of them. Location looks to be scenic Tom, would like to say I can make it.

Continuing to buy my lotto tix! :D Seriously I will look at attending this. The cost of gas is going to be a factor as it is hundreds of miles from me. Maybe we can get a group of 6 or so rigs to rent an 18 wheeler with a car hauler to take us there and bring us back.

Continuing to buy my lotto tix! :D Seriously I will look at attending this. The cost of gas is going to be a factor as it is hundreds of miles from me. Maybe we can get a group of 6 or so rigs to rent an 18 wheeler with a car hauler to take us there and bring us back.

im in! I know Steve has a CDL, we just need the truck...

im in! I know Steve has a CDL, we just need the truck...
I am waiting for a quote from a friend of mine who has a rig and access to a car hauler. I will post it up as soon as I know. As I see it we would pay for fuel, room, and food for the driver as well as take him on the most awesome 4wheeling adventure he ever imagined! :D

i have a cdl.. and drove cross country for years.... now its just doing it lol

I wanna go and represent SoCal, guys keep me in mind if you make plans. never been and would love see something other than the I405. plus i hope i can get my XJ semi done by then.

We all started wheeling as a rank beginner. Each year we get absolute first time wheelers at our events. That is great.

Colorado's trails tend to be a bit different from most places and the ledge roads and switchbacks can be a bit intimidating the first few times.

I am posting up to see if anyone would like a Wheeling 101 course while at ColoradoFest. I have always enjoyed taking inexperienced wheelers over some awesome trails with safety. By the end of the week we end up with some very confident and competent wheelers that can't wait to hit the trails.

There is a thread in the ColoradoFest 2011 forum where you can sign up.

I am waiting for a quote from a friend of mine who has a rig and access to a car hauler. I will post it up as soon as I know. As I see it we would pay for fuel, room, and food for the driver as well as take him on the most awesome 4wheeling adventure he ever imagined! :D
This would be awesome.

i so wanna go!! if we can get that car hauler goin i can drive it... i'm licensed and have the experience... did long haul for 2 years and local for a year!!!

you know!!! a buddy of mine has a 4 car hauler!!! let me see if i can work something with him... maybe i can work something out!!!

I heard back from my friend. After fuel and expenses it looks like about $800 per person if 6 people go in on it. I am still hoping to go but I will need 5 other firm commitments to reserve the truck and driver.

john... i'll hit my guy up... but like i said its gonna be only 4 rigs... maybe even three depending what trailer i can get my hands on...

Back