• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ok tell me about renix and fuel

chiropeeps

NAXJA Forum User
ok 89 xj,4.0,auto 4wd all grounds cleaned, new 4 ga from block to fire wall,new wire from groung wire from batt to fender,,new cps,new starter re lay;icm a to b is at 12.6 volt, b latch key off 12.6 at 30,fpr off 30 at 12.6. key on b latch 30.86,87 12.6v. fpr key off 30,12.6, key on start 87 at 12.6v when i test fuel pump hot wired runs,when i put in tank no run,b latch schoud give me my prime,fpr to start. i know its a ground some where but where? hooking up a new old complete fuel pump know working, hot wired,where to look"? oh and when i put the old working fuel pump on problems? help please! hot wired to batt,ground and pos,outside tank fuel pump runs,put inside tank ,even hot wired,fuel pump doesnt run and pos gets hot,i need hlp ,direction please! to my understanding, from fuel pump should work ,what am i missing?

ok 89 xj,4.0,auto 4wd all grounds cleaned, new 4 ga from block to fire wall,new wire from groung wire from batt to fender,,new cps,new starter re lay;icm a to b is at 12.6 volt, b latch key off 12.6 at 30,fpr off 30 at 12.6. key on b latch 30.86,87 12.6v. fpr key off 30,12.6, key on start 87 at 12.6v when i test fuel pump hot wired runs,when i put in tank no run,b latch schoud give me my prime,fpr to start. i know its a ground some where but where? hooking up a new old complete fuel pump know working, hot wired,where to look"? oh and when i put the old working fuel pump on problems? help please! hot wired to batt,ground and pos,outside tank fuel pump runs,put inside tank ,even hot wired,fuel pump doesnt run and pos gets hot,i need hlp ,direction please! to my understanding, from fuel pump should work ,what am i missing?

Some capitals and some paragraphs might help understand what you are saying.

1) Please punctuate, capitalise, and break into coherent thoughts. It makes it so much easier to figure out what you're saying without consulting the Oracle of Delphi...

2) According to my link to Delphi (which is fuzzy at the best of times...) I don't see as you've replaced the fuel pump relay proper. So, I might start there - swap the fuel pump relay with a known good DIN relay and see what happens. The contacts inside relays do burn out from time to time...

Back