• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bent rocker arm bridge?

seigeXJ90

NAXJA Forum User
I went to put my push rods and rocker arms back on my head and noticed one of the rocker arm bridges is bent.. meaning if the left rocker arm is sitting in place..the right one sits a couple millimeters back and is canted a couple degrees to the right.. it doesn't look like it failed at all just... bent...

what would cause this?

valves were all OK when I did my valve job and I have no bent push rods and the pivots are not scratched or warn .. just seems weird to me

am i going to have any issues just replacing the bridge and pivot? (1.99 at autozone)

All six of mine were "twisted." Not sure what the cause is. Maybe happens at teardown if your not careful - only thing I can think of. Some guys twist 'em back. I found new ones for cheap on ebay so went that way instead.

Thanks I just read another thread about the same... i'm going with the advice in that one and replacing all the rocker arms, pivots, bridges and push rods.. they have 200k on them anyways so its about time

Back